Snowball Studios is a vibrant animation studio with studios in Toronto and Tel Aviv. Snowball has produced hundreds of minutes of top quality, 3D animation and visual effects for film, tv, computer games, commercials and mobile, which are aired all over the world. Snowball Studios Toronto is now home to more than 150 employees in a brand-new studio.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with producers in scheduling and delegating tasks to 3D artists
- Work with management team to provide on-going feedback and performance appraisal on artists
- Coach and mentor Junior and Mid-level artists in the 3D teams
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process to ensure the 3D teams are equipped with the skillset needed for project requirement
- Collaborate with Directors to ensure the artistic style, quality, and continuity matches client's vision and standards
- Supervise the CG elements from concept to finish and monitor all elements created by artists
- Oversee and create quality 3D Models, Animations, Textures, Lighting, and Shading within a render pipeline
- Review and quality control throughout the entire creative process
- Problem-solve creative and technical problems under tight deadlines
- Work closely with the Technical Directors to troubleshoot and prevent software and pipeline issues
- Improve and streamline technologies and tools for the production pipeline and workflow
- Assist in team communication and promote company inclusive and positive culture
- 5+ years’ experience as a Senior CG artist or similar role animation pipeline
- 2+ years of proven experience as leading or supervising a team
- Strong leadership, technical and communication skills to liaise with various departments and artists
- Strong understanding and knowledge of both technical and artistic aspect of CG and 3D pipeline and production
- Highest proficiency in Maya, Mari, Houdini, Zbrush, and Nuke
- Knowledge of MEL, RSL and Python are an asset
- Capacity to thrive in a results-driven pipeline
- Ability to multitask and prioritize during tight deadlines
- A demo reel and references are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate in a team environment
Must be flexible at time for after hours/weekend functions/duties. Must be legally eligible to work in Canada as specified, and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
Snowball Studios is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. The Studio is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age and to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian's with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please let the HR representative know.