Snowball Studios is hiring a Lead Animator for a new Production!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and build the workflow and establish proper processes for the entirety of the animation team within the production
- Teach and provide valid and applicable experience to junior animation artists to get them up to production-ready capabilities in a short manner of time
- Manage daily tasks for the team, shifting priorities when needed and being capable of understanding production needs to react accordingly to multiple different situations
- Manage artists quota and output for production and achieve an overall standard with the team that is easily attainable
- Troubleshoot issues on the tech and creative side with the applicable stakeholders
- Create high-level animation for other team members to aspire to.
- Provide technical set-up of shots for downstream production departments.
- Clean up and prep final shot output for following departments in the pipeline
- Clear communication and use of production management software to track progress and any production issues.
- Reel containing examples of work done in a 3D computer graphics environment which includes superior quality of character animation.
- Work should demonstrate a strong understanding of traditional animation principles.
- Proven track record of managerial experience within the department from reference and experience.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and willing to learn.
- Experience with Unreal is an asset
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada as specified and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
Snowball Studios is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. The Studio is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age and to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please let the HR representative know.